Frequently Asked Questions

I'm charged with DUI, do I need a lawyer?

A DUI conviction, even a first offense, can result in a fine, potential jail time, the loss of your driver’s license, and increased insurance rates. A lawyer can evaluate your case and determine if the police followed proper procedures, both on scene and in the breath testing room.

Was it legal for the police to search my home?

The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution protects every citizen from unreasonable searches and seizures. A lawyer can research your case and determine if the police lawfully searched your person, your vehicle, or your home.

I just received a speeding ticket, can a lawyer help me?

Speeding tickets can result in fines and points on your driver's license, which may raise your insurance rates. An attorney may be able to help reduce those fines and points.

What happens if I am convicted of a sex crime?

Sex crimes are extremely serious and may result in prison time, listing on the Sex Offender Registry, and GPS monitoring for life. It is vitally important that you speak with a lawyer if you have been charged with a sex crime.

What is PTI?

PTI, Pre Trial Intervention, is a program for first time offenders who have been charged with certain crimes. It is a diversionary program that disposes of your case without having to plead guilty or go to trial. This program may require community service, drug and alcohol counseling, and payment of restitution.

What is probation?

Probation is a type of sentence. If you plead guilty or are found guilty of certain crimes, a Judge may sentence you to probation. If you are sentenced to probation, you are monitored by a probation agent for a period of time and must follow all instructions of that agent. It is an alternative to jail time.

I was just served with divorce papers, what should I do?

If you have been served with divorce papers, or any type of legal documents, you should contact a lawyer immediately. If your spouse requested a temporary hearing, that hearing may be scheduled as soon as five days after you were served with papers. It is important that you contact a lawyer immediately so that your lawyer can prepare for your temporary hearing.

What are your fees?

I evaluate each case on an individual basis. My fee will depend on the severity and complexity of the case. Please call me at 864-467-3221 or contact me to set up a consultation.

Error Message